It all started with a box....

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

So before I give you my Christmas home tour in a separate post, I wanted to share a little treasure that I found today while thrifting....

 Here it is in all its $8 worth of pure glory...
Yes, I said $8!  Its bigger than it looks, measuring in at about 3 feet long, complete with weathered wood and rusty parts!  
I know that some of you may have the word "CRAZY" running through your head, but for me this old rickety tool box was just shining when I happened upon it at 4 Sister's Antique Store today.  I immediately saw GREAT things...Scenes of beautiful dining tablescapes for every occasion fluttered through my brain.  Okay, okay, so I know I already had an old tool box that you probably saw in our previous fall post back in November, but this one was just calling to me!  
I had actually already completed my Christmas dining table using my old wooden toolbox, but I just knew I had to change it up once I saw this gem. 
Here's a little insight into what my evening consisted of:  LAYERING!  
So like I said, it started with a box.  Next came the greenery.  I was very lucky that my mother in law just happened to drop off a giant bag of beautiful faux fir garland during her last visit.  And may I just say, it is my new favorite Christmas decoration!
So first I got out the greens and various floral picks and decor...
 and then I just started layering, positioning, and straightening...I placed the garland up on one side, and hanging down on the opposite to balance the look...
 It's all a big, fun process...still layering it on...You can see it gaining life!
 And finally, the end result...
 Here's a few different angles so that you can see all the goodies stuffed inside...



 I let the garland hang off the edges for a more natural look...


Here's a photo of the table with the old wooden box and then with the new.  I know that there isn't much difference once I layered on all the greenery and decor, but the larger size really fits better with my extra-long and skinny dining table...Plus, by switching them out, it freed up the smaller box to be used elsewhere....like maybe on my bar or kitchen table.  If you look closely, you can tell that the old box had a handle; the new box is open at the top, allowing for easier decorating.



84" Farmhouse Table:  $495 @ 4 Sister's Antiques, Zachary, LA
Burlap Table Runner:  $10, Hobby Lobby
Glittered Stick Garland:  $18.99, Red Door Interiors, Baton Rouge, LA
Golden Paper Mache Deer:  Micheal's
Mercury Glass Candlesticks:  Target
Ivory Twig Candles: $9.99-$22.99,  ZGallerie
Various Floral Picks:  Hobby Lobby, Micheal's

Thanks for looking!  
-Lacie





No comments:

Post a Comment