A Birthday Treasure

Monday, December 29, 2014

Ah, y'all know how I LOVE a good treasure!  I had the luxury of going shopping alone this year on my birthday, which happens to be the day after Christmas.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I pulled up to Christian Street Furniture's tent sale!  This little lovely was not only calling my name, but screamin' it!  I had been looking for the perfect piece to go across from my kitchen dinette, but never found one I just couldn't live without that also didn't break the bank.  This one originally pulled in a whopping $995 at full price, but hanging down the front was a sale tag clearly reading $397!  Good thing I had my birthday money with me!  I knew it was meant to be.  Now, if only the measurements were right?  I had 54" of wall to use and my excitement grew as the salesman jotted down these three little numbers on his notepad:  

46" x 18" x 36"

Mine.  It's mine, I said. 
 All forty-six inches of distressed sideboard heaven was mine.  See, it does pay off to wait for the perfect piece. I have found in the past that just getting something that works is fine, but if you had a vision in your head of what you want to be in a specific spot, then WAIT.  It will turn up.  You will find the perfect match and you will fall in love with it for your space.  Previously I had a small wooden bench with a few pillows on this wall, which looked good, but it just wasn't what I envisioned in my head.  I know its silly, but this piece makes me happy.  It makes me smile, and I can't wait to find the perfect accessories to style with.  I'll update you once I complete the look!  I hope my birthday treasure brings a little excitement to you also!

 I love the little details like the distressed painted wood and the door hardware.  It also added more storage for platters and party trays that I was struggling to find a home for.

-Lacie

No comments:

Post a Comment