Sunday Sofatalk

Sunday, November 30, 2014

With our busy holiday weekend, I fell behind on our Friday Favorites post.  
BUT
I couldn't go all weekend without sharing something, so here's a little look into our home recently... Designing your space starts with one great piece.  For our space, it is our new sofa.  At the beginning of the month, we bought a sofa for our sitting room area that is located right off of our kitchen.  We'd been talking about it since we moved in (almost a year ago), but we never had the heart to move our 2 year old's Little Tykes fort out of the room...until now.  So off we went to one of my absolute favorite furniture stores in Baton Rouge, Town & Country!  It is located in a not-so-great part of town and looks like a complete dump on the outside, but once you step inside it's like design heaven stuffed in a box.  I kind of get a little chill every time I tell people how great it is!  So there we were, just me and my husband, all alone to sit on sofa after sofa- and it was amazing!  After about an hour, we decided on the perfect one:  

The Sloane Sofa from Spectra Home
Click here to view the Sloane Sofa
(Grab this piece for around $1259)

I know what you're thinking..."She must be insane to buy a light linen tone sofa- Didn't she just say she has a TWO YEAR OLD?"  But I just love it, and amazingly my husband and I BOTH agreed on it which was a big shocker, and all the more reason to buy it IMMEDIATELY!  For just a little extra, you can invest in the Guardsman protection which lasts for 5 years (basically if you stain, spill, cut, or damage the sofa in any way then they will clean/replace it!)
Here's a few shots of how the sofa looks in our space:

(Keep in mind that this isn't the finished look...I'm just in the beginning of creating this space.)

Here's a daytime pic...

 And in the evening...


And I picked up this 6x9 Gray Jute Fringed rug at World Market! 
(Grab this piece for just $149)
I knew it might be awhile before the room was completed, but I also knew a sofa without a rug was just not going to work.  This budget-friendly find was perfect to get the job done! 

I think its a good start for now.  In the meantime, I am dreaming of a comfy ottoman or tufted bench and maybe a small side table.  Its a tight little space, so I will have to wait for the perfect pieces!  Please check back for more updates on the completed look! 

If you are in the market for a new sofa, here's a few great choices for English Roll Arm sofas:
via Pinterest
via decorpad.com
Happy Shopping!
-Lacie 

No comments:

Post a Comment