It's the Holiday Season

Friday, December 5, 2014

Like most of you, Christmas is my most favorite holiday.  I look forward to this season all year long. Naturally, I love getting out the tree, stockings, nativity, lights, wrapping paper and ribbon.  My family and I have a friendly Christmas tree decorating competition every year.  And every year, I win.  I should probably cut them some slack sometimes...

Decorating for the holidays should be done just like you would decorate any other room or space in your home.  What I find most helpful, when helping others or when choosing decor for my own home, is to make an inspiration or design board.  These boards don't have to be anything elaborate; a Pinterest Board, some magazine clippings, computer print outs, and paint swatches are more than enough to help compile your idea for the space. In my mind, boards help to organize what the end goal is for the design.

This year, I wanted to reuse some of my beloved mercury glass ornaments (that I snagged for 50-75% off a few years ago from various stores) with a little bit of red and burlap for a less formal look than last year.  I keep the theme throughout the rest of my holiday decorations also.













 
Christmas Tip:  Shop the day after Christmas for incredible deals on ornaments and decorations!

With these photos in mind, I tackled my home with burlap, mercury glass, and glitter in hand.  I'm still in the process of decorating, but here are a few photos to give you an idea of how the inspiration photos helped me.







Keep the mantle simple with burlap intertwined in garland.

Get this cute Christmas countdown from our friends at Two Crafty Whitts.



-Jessica




What inspires your holiday decorations?  What is your favorite ornament?  Let us know below!




Photo Credits on Design Board from left to right:
potterybarn.com - ornaments
liljorchtulpaner.blogspot.com - votives
midwestliving.com - mercury glass trees
southernliving.com - wreath
etsy.com/twentyeight12 - stocking
designdininganddiapers.com - Christmas tree
designcorral.com - gift tags
designrulz.com - wrapping
doneoverdecor.blogspot.com - tree skirt
likeasaturday.com - Christmas trees on mantle



No comments:

Post a Comment