Paint, Paint, and More Paint

Friday, February 6, 2015

Paint.  Paint.  Paint.

Since moving into our home last April, I've pretty much talked about painting every...single...week.  Our home has white walls.  Yep, you read that correctly.  White, flat, builder grade paint.  And its everywhere - kitchen, hallways, bedrooms, bathrooms.  You want to know what shows dirt and smudges more than white, flat paint?  Not a single thing.  Nothing.  Nothing shows dirt and smudges more than white, flat paint.

I've been collecting paint swatches since April, maybe even before then.  But, finally, much to my surprise, I have decided on a paint color for our bathrooms.  Drumroll please...Sherwin Williams Palisade-7635.

And here she is..

Exciting, right?  Ok, I'm sure you're computer screen doesn't do it justice.  And I mean, what color just looks awesome on its own?  

Design is about the layering of colors, textures, and patterns to make a great space.  So, on it's own, Sherwin Williams Palisade-7635 just looks like your average paint swatch.  But once you throw in some friends, she looks so awesome in her warm, gray-taupey self.

I like to have a whole home color palette, so I decided to use this color in each of our three bathrooms. Which also makes sense in our house because we have the same flooring and counter top materials in those spaces, and Palisade works SO well with all of them.  It's like she is best friends with our counter tops and trim paint.

As excited as I was for the change, I forgot to take "before" photos.  I did get a few of the guest bathroom.




Our guest bath has simple white and neutral decor with a bit of lavender-my favorite scent.  I used an apothecary glass jar to display some pretty decorative soap from a farmer's market and to add a little sparkle, used a mercury glass soap dispenser that I found at Target.  My waffle weave curtain and bathroom rug are both from Target as well. Since this is the guest bath, I didn't want to clutter the counter, so guests have enough room for their things.  




For the boy's bath we've incorporated white, navy, and a softer blue.  I'm still searching for a few decor pieces to hang.  (This is a Jack & Jill bath, so it's a little difficult to photograph.)  My hand towels, rugs, and laundry hamper can all be found at Target.






The master bathroom, again has the same materials.  Like I said before, I like to have a "whole home" color palette.  Life is hectic enough, so I like for my house to be pretty calming in its color scheme.  The decorative Turkish bath towels are a recent find from Home Goods -love this place- and they are incredibly soft!  And I snagged this chair from a warehouse sale this past summer at Red Door Interiors for only $40!



What a HUGE difference a little bit of paint can make!  I love the way the rooms look now, and couldn't be happier.  

Thank you for taking the time to look through my home improvement progress!  Next project to tackle -painting the bedrooms!  Luckily, the hard part is over;  I have already chosen a paint color!

Share your paint changes with us!

-Jessica







No comments:

Post a Comment